scion forums   scion forums

Go Back   Scion Forums > Scion Forums > Scion tC Forum

Scion Forum: What are some direct competitor to the Scion tC?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 AM

Default What are some direct competitor to the Scion tC?

my brother has a tC. i want a car that performs similarly but not the same car.

i've found some tC's on craigslist for under $6500.

so lets keep the budget somewhere around there.
yeah i guess i don't really mean DIRECT competitor after all. just something that at the very least performs to the tC's level. of course i want something better! haha. a GTi does sound nice. but i heard VWs aren't reliable.
Oh yes, believe me i've been looking at mustangs for the longest time! but the v8 isn't exactly ideal in this economy with the gas prices so high. that's the only thing quite honestly.

i've looked into the mr2 (2nd gen) a lot. but kind of worried that i may need a rear seat for something/someone.

celica is a good car. my current car has the same engine in the celica GT. it's not as torquey as the tC. if i can find a celica GTS for the price then i will consider it. but not the GT.
Integra Type R --> although i'm not siding with the tC, i would not call an rsx a track car... even the type S. if anything i would just get the 90s civic si or the integra GSR over the rsx-s. it's too cushy and does not feature the double wish bone suspension that made honda's handling famous. the rsx is like...the integra got too old, but still think's it's hot stuff. haha. no offense. just saying. the older hondas are lighter, better suspension, and cheaper.